The Studio in a School Association has over 40 years of experience providing high-quality visual arts instruction in partnership with schools and communities in New York City, and is now expanding nationally with the Studio Institute.
We at the Studio Institute believe in the value of visual arts education in and out of schools. We offer programs for high school and college students seeking arts careers, provide professional development, conduct arts education research, and share strategies with cities beyond New York.
See the positions below to join the Studio Institute team and help provide quality art education to learners throughout the nation.
Position: Lead Instructor and Manager, Expansion Programs
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt, Manager Position
Reports to: President, Studio Institute
Studio Institute, LLC seeks a dedicated, organized, experienced instructor and administrator to join a talented team working in a fast-paced start-up, implementing a diverse portfolio of professional learning, mentoring and instructional programs. The Lead Artist Instructor and Manager will conduct programs for artists, students, and partners, supervise support staff and consultants, and play a significant role in the expansion of the Studio Institute programs in host states. The instructor/manager will recruit, hire, and train artists for these Expansion programs. (Expansion is currently scheduled to MA, NJ, OH, TN.)
The instructor/manager may serve as an embedded instructor at training sites, schools and community-based programs, modeling best practices and disseminating Studio Institute programs for students in Pre-K through High School and for teachers and administrators.
About Studio Institute:
In July of 2016 the Studio in a School Association, Inc. launched the Studio Institute, LLC. Informed by over forty years of experience in NYC Schools, the Studio Institute shares program designs, develops curriculum resources, implements programs and professional development initiatives.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage a portfolio of projects in several cities
- Recruit, interview, and hire artist instructors for Studio programs in Expansion cities
- Plan and execute classes and workshops in start-up locations
- Conduct training for artists instructors hired to teach Studio programs, including trainings on Studio’s philosophy and methodology, classroom management techniques, and visual arts techniques
- Conduct professional development events for administrators, artists and teachers
- Supervise project assistants, consultants, hourly employees, and artist-instructors
- Manage contracts, budgets, and project documentation
- Ensure program quality and fidelity of implementation
- Serve as liaison with partner organizations
- Collaborate with Studio Institute leadership on new projects as assigned
- M.A. degree in a relevant field; Master’s degree in Education, Arts Education or Arts Administration.
- Five years’ full time paid experience in arts administration, arts education or education
- Strong public presentation skills and experience conducting meetings
- Detail oriented with strong administrative and writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills
- Must be available to travel to regional sites and to travel five days per month to host cities
- Must be available to work the entire summer program season (June 1 – August 28)
- Highly skilled in using Google drive, MS Office Suite, In Design and digital file management
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- Experience supervising professionals
- Passion for visual arts education, career development
Compensation is commensurate with experience, and includes a benefits package.
Email resume and cover letter in to email@example.com
Address to: “SI Lead Instructor and Expansion Programs Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.