Studio Institute, with over 44 years experience providing visual arts instruction in partnership with schools and communities in New York City, is expanding nationally. Our team of more than 100 dedicated professional artists provide instruction in drawing, painting, collage, printmaking, digital media, and sculpture. Artist instructors develop units, implement curriculum, and collaborate with teachers to lead art lessons at sites and schools.
NOW HIRING ARTISTS IN CLEVELAND!
See artist instructor positions below to join a roster of visual artists in your community committed to teaching and learning.
Studio Institute is seeking to employ Cleveland-based visual artists for paid, part-time art instructor positions in Cleveland elementary schools. Artists will receive paid, formal training in Studio’s methodology and collaborate with classroom teachers to lead art lessons at schools.
- Competitive per hour rate
- Paid professional training
- Continuous work between October and May
- 1–2 days of work per week during school hours
Requirements for Employment as an Artist Instructor:
- BFA required, MFA preferred
- Active professional visual art practice
- Foundational skills in painting, drawing, and/or sculpture
- Ability to collaborate and work with a range of diverse partners and stakeholders, including teachers, administrators, and parents
- Interest in and capacity for working with sequenced instructional plans
- Demonstrated ability to teach young children in a learning setting
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Cleveland Artist Instructor.” Mention special qualities, training, or skills you have that would support your success in this program; indicate the days of the week that you are available to work.