Get Paid to Work in the Arts
Since 2012, the Bloomberg Arts Internship (BAI) program has offered New York City high school students paid summer internships in cultural institutions, which allows them to: build skills and competencies through authentic work experience; participate in deep arts engagement; and receive practical assistance with the college application process.
Bloomberg Arts Interns are paid to participate in special tours of museums and arts organizations, work on individual and group assignments, and experience the cultural richness of New York City.
To be selected for the BAI program, you must be:
- A high school junior during the school year prior to the summer internship
- Attending a partnering CTE public high school in NYC
(See a list of partner high schools below.*)
- 16 years of age or older by June 15 the year of the summer internship
- Interested in working in an arts organization
- Able to attend three paid orientation sessions.
The application process for the summer 2021 program is now closed. Check back in March 2022 to learn more about the summer 2022 program.
PROGRAM DATES (Subject to revision):
- Application Deadline: April 9, 2021
- Orientation: Saturdays: June 12, 19, and 26
- Program Start : Monday, June 28
- Program Duration: 7-weeks (ends Friday, August 13) with a one-week extension option (ends Friday, August 20)
Check out BAI Instagram posts from 2020 participants.
Questions? Contact us: email@example.com
Bloomberg Arts Internship is sponsored by Bloomberg Philanthropies.
* Participating CTE high schools:
Manhattan: Talent Unlimited High School, High School of Art & Design, and High School for Fashion Industries; Brooklyn: Brooklyn High School of the Arts, Edward R Murrow High School, and Midwood High School; Queens: Academy for Careers in Television & Film and Thomas A. Edison High School; Bronx: Fordham High School of the Arts and High School of Computers and Technology; and Staten Island: Curtis High School.