Studio Institute (Studio) brings over 40 years of expertise to providing high quality visual arts experiences to children and students from pre-K through college. In 2018, Studio launched Creative Start–Memphis, a pilot visual arts program for pre-K students and educators in Tennessee.
The past year has been an exciting one in Memphis. Since fall 2018, Studio has:
- Established and staffed a local Studio office
- Hired and trained six professional artists as artist instructors
- Provided ongoing mentoring and professional development to pre-K educators
- Implemented a district-wide early learning program
- Engaged families at community workshops focused on artmaking and literacy
- Launched Arts Intern–Memphis, a career development program for college students offered through local cultural organizations.
Studio has both the experience and the capacity to develop and manage high quality visual arts programming through partnerships with school districts, communities, and cultural organizations. We look forward to building on the successes from our first year to expand availability of programs that provide early learning programs to children in pre-K/K/grade 1, bring visual arts programming to students of all ages, promote cultural engagement, and foster career development in Memphis.
Contact us to learn more about Studio Institute programs: email@example.com.